Sunday, June 25, 2006

Finally Some Fun!

Yesterday was my first time setting foot onto the beach here in Ottawa sinced I moved here last October. My friends, coworkers and I were at Moonie's Bay for Ottawa's dragon boat festival where we had our butts handed to us. We got whooped in our 2 races. Our competition included the RCMP and the Police but really we were racing against time(ourselves) only.. it doesnt really matter who is in your heat.. but we couldn't help but feel intimidated seeing them w/ their big muscles, full gear(uniforms, paddles and life jackets that say police on 'em) doing warm-up exercises and group cheers. All we had were yellow t-shirts w/ a logo of a puffin (its a type of bird!). Goooooo team! I am aching all over from yesterday's paddling, playing volleyball, frisbee and doing kicks and flips at the beach/park. I really shouldn't be complaining. It was a great experience and I had a blast.

Here are some drawings I did on the bus, train and at the beach this weekend.



This week was also Rib Fest here in Ottawa on Sparks street. Sparks is a little street but is always a nice landmark to check out when you're in Ottawa. Oh and so is the market.

A full rack of ribs costs $20, 1/2 rack is $13 and a sandwich(rib meat.. mmm... so good) is $6.


Here's a shot of our crew at our first practice.

2 comments:

Paul Tuller said...

haha sounds like an awesome day! The boat race sounds like it could make a funny little short animation :)
yummmmmmm; ribs!

Unknown said...

Love your sketchboook drawings!